Video Gamer Play // Player takes impressive stab at recreating cult corrido...
Player takes impressive stab at recreating cult corridor horror PT in Media Molecule’s Dreams
Media Molecule’s upcoming Dreams is nothing if not ambitious, aiming to offer PS4 owners the tools to create anything they can imagine, from dioramas to full-blown games. And if you’re curious to know how impressive the results can be when actual players get their hands on it, well, just take a look at this attempt to recreate Hideo Kojima’s cult corridor horror PT in Dreams…
The 30-second slice of terror was posted on Twitter over the weekend by the mysterious Sergeantbike, and features a familiar jaunt down PT’s endlessly looping L-shaped corridor. Inevitably, there are visual downgrades in terms of detail – the vast majority of picture frames don’t have actual pictures in them, for instance – but it nails the atmosphere.
Sergeantbike’s environmental recreation does a great job of capturing PT’s oppressive lighting and grimy ambience, even squeezing in a few familiar sound samples – such as the suspiciously peppy radio announcer and the unforgettable, omnipresent whine of the hallway light. All in all, it’s a stellar effort and a promising display of just how adaptable Dreams’ creation tools can be.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019