Video Gamer Play // PlayStation Plus’ games for May are What Remains ...
PlayStation Plus’ games for May are What Remains of Edith Finch, Overcooked
Sony has revealed the game it’ll be tossing into the laps of PlayStation Plus subscribers this month – and while they’re arguably lower-key offerings compared to recent efforts, they’re still good ‘uns.
First up is Giant Sparrow’s masterful narrative adventure What Remains of Edith Finch. It’s a game very much in the walking simulator mould (so your mileage may vary), but it’s an absolutely breathtaking example of the genre, with each of its story vignettes incorporating new visual styles, moods, and gameplay mechanics, to create an experience that continues to surprise and delight across its several-hours run-time.
Each of those vignettes focusses on one specific member of the Finch family, all seemingly cursed to die at before their time. And as you pick through the Finch’s gloriously realised homestead, with its cluttered corridors, secret passageways, and preposterous architecture, the truth behind their sometimes sad, sometimes funny, sometimes horrifying tales is revealed.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019