Video Gamer Play // Promising paranormal investigation RPG HellSign is out ...
Promising paranormal investigation RPG HellSign is out now on Steam Early Access
Australian developer Ballistic Interactive’s promising supernatural investigation RPG HellSign is now available on Steam Early Access, and it’s expected to remain there, being appropriately spooky, for the next 12 months.
HellSign casts players as a freelance ghost hunter, then lets them run amok around a improbably haunted Australian town. The experience is split into numerous hauntings, each set in a procedurally generated homestead and with its own specific cash-paying goal. The general idea, however, is to use your various investigatory paraphernalia – EMF scanners, UV torchlight, movement detectors, and so on – to study, identify, and, in some cases, eliminate, the paranormal threat and toddle on back to your safehouse.
Between missions, you can hop to different locations on the map, collecting new jobs for cash, stocking up on supplies, buying handy new ghost-busting equipment for your next investigation, or just shooting the breeze with HellSign’s colourful cast. And as your proficiency improves, you can take on more complex challenges, and delve deeper into the ghastly phenomenon plaguing the town.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019