Video Gamer Play // PSVR gains a competent, competitive first-person MOBA w...
PSVR gains a competent, competitive first-person MOBA with Megalith
MOBAs are genuinely one of my least favourite video game genres so I was pleasantly surprised when I found myself thoroughly enjoying Megalith; the newest addition to the PSVR’s ever expanding library.
If I had to pinpoint exactly what it was that caused this change of heart, I’d say it was probably the new perspective that VR brings to the genre. Instead of playing from above like some kind of omnipotent being, in Megalith you experience the action in first-person perspective, something that makes the proceedings feel a lot more immediate and exciting.
If you want to see Megalith in action for yourself, you can watch me play through a couple of matches in this week’s episode of Ian’s VR Corner. In the video below, I cover the gameplay basics, demonstrate a couple of the Titans and even manage to do some wins. I know, incredible, right?!.
- Overwatch’s next hero is “eccentric astrophysicist” Sigma July 22, 2019
- It looks like Anthem’s long-awaited Cataclysm event is finally almost here July 22, 2019
- Nintendo faces Switch Joy-Con drift class action lawsuit July 22, 2019
- Yooka-Laylee sequel shows off its transforming level tech July 22, 2019
- Astral Chain could be Platinum’s most out there game yet July 22, 2019
- Indie FMV game Headspun has a release date for console and PC July 22, 2019
- EA quietly begins what looks like a Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 3 alpha July 22, 2019
- Two active F1 drivers just won iRacing’s Spa 24 July 22, 2019
- Splatoon 2’s final Splatfest sees chaos reign July 22, 2019
- Snack Hacks, a cookbook for people who like games, is a strange delight July 22, 2019