Video Gamer Play // PUBG scoops Game of the Year at the 2018 Steam Awards
PUBG scoops Game of the Year at the 2018 Steam Awards
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has topped Valve’s 2018 Steam Awards as its overall Game of the Year.
Launched alongside Steam’s 12th Annual Winter Sale in early December, players were invited to select their favourites across eight categories, including game of the year, best developer, and ‘better with friends’. All participants were rewarded with a set of digital trading cards as a thank you for voting.
“Best Developer proved to be a highly-contested category with a lot of close calls among the top nominees,” Valve explained at the time, expanding on why there were so many shortlisted for this particular category. “As a result, we expanded the set of nominees to ten. In addition, we’ve excluded Valve (ourselves) from this category.”
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019