Video Gamer Play // PUBG scoops Game of the Year at the 2018 Steam Awards
PUBG scoops Game of the Year at the 2018 Steam Awards
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has topped Valve’s 2018 Steam Awards as its overall Game of the Year.
Launched alongside Steam’s 12th Annual Winter Sale in early December, players were invited to select their favourites across eight categories, including game of the year, best developer, and ‘better with friends’. All participants were rewarded with a set of digital trading cards as a thank you for voting.
“Best Developer proved to be a highly-contested category with a lot of close calls among the top nominees,” Valve explained at the time, expanding on why there were so many shortlisted for this particular category. “As a result, we expanded the set of nominees to ten. In addition, we’ve excluded Valve (ourselves) from this category.”
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019