Video Gamer Play // PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week...
PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week due to a “critical error”
PUBG Corp is currently engaged in a substantial effort to fix its game. I mean this quite literally: there’s an ongoing campaign called FIX PUBG which is tracking the team’s efforts to combat bugs in a game notorious for jankiness.
Despite this, players are (perhaps unsurprisingly) still experiencing issues with the game. Only yesterday, the developer had to give out free in-game beanies and currency to apologise for issues with PC servers, and now PUBG Corp has publicly apologised for yet another error. We only need one more problem to make a hat-trick of critical failures for the week. Wouldn’t hat be appropriate.
This time, it’s the game’s Event Mode which is causing PUBG Corp some grief. In a tweet from the support account, PUBG Corp announced that the Event Mode would not be playable due to a “critical error”. The “Platoon” event for this week – a brand new 50 v 50 mode with each team divided into five 10-person squads – will not be re-appearing next week, and will return “at a later date”.
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019