Video Gamer Play // PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week...
PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week due to a “critical error”
PUBG Corp is currently engaged in a substantial effort to fix its game. I mean this quite literally: there’s an ongoing campaign called FIX PUBG which is tracking the team’s efforts to combat bugs in a game notorious for jankiness.
Despite this, players are (perhaps unsurprisingly) still experiencing issues with the game. Only yesterday, the developer had to give out free in-game beanies and currency to apologise for issues with PC servers, and now PUBG Corp has publicly apologised for yet another error. We only need one more problem to make a hat-trick of critical failures for the week. Wouldn’t hat be appropriate.
This time, it’s the game’s Event Mode which is causing PUBG Corp some grief. In a tweet from the support account, PUBG Corp announced that the Event Mode would not be playable due to a “critical error”. The “Platoon” event for this week – a brand new 50 v 50 mode with each team divided into five 10-person squads – will not be re-appearing next week, and will return “at a later date”.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018