Video Gamer Play // Red Dead Online players get free gold bars as first eco...
Red Dead Online players get free gold bars as first economy balance pass arrives
Red Dead Online launched in beta last week, and while many had positive things to say about its multiplayer take on the single-player experience, many were less than thrilled with its rather miserly in-game economy. In light of that feedback, Rockstar has taken a first pass at better balancing those areas, and the fruits of its labour arrive today in a new update, along with gifts for all players.
In its Week 1 update announcement, Rockstar says that today’s changes are “specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions”. To that end, Free Roam missions and events, as well as repeat plays of Showdown Series and A Land of Opportunities missions, will all see an increase in cash and gold payments.
Elsewhere, the price of “most” weapons found at Gunsmiths and in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. catalogue has been reduced, and pelt, skin, fish, pamphlet, and horse reviver values have been balanced. But will baked beans still remain a more valuable commodity than gold rings?
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019