Video Gamer Play // Red Dead Online players get free gold bars as first eco...
Red Dead Online players get free gold bars as first economy balance pass arrives
Red Dead Online launched in beta last week, and while many had positive things to say about its multiplayer take on the single-player experience, many were less than thrilled with its rather miserly in-game economy. In light of that feedback, Rockstar has taken a first pass at better balancing those areas, and the fruits of its labour arrive today in a new update, along with gifts for all players.
In its Week 1 update announcement, Rockstar says that today’s changes are “specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions”. To that end, Free Roam missions and events, as well as repeat plays of Showdown Series and A Land of Opportunities missions, will all see an increase in cash and gold payments.
Elsewhere, the price of “most” weapons found at Gunsmiths and in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. catalogue has been reduced, and pelt, skin, fish, pamphlet, and horse reviver values have been balanced. But will baked beans still remain a more valuable commodity than gold rings?
- After all these years, World of Warcraft adds a potion to understand your enemy with December 17, 2018
- Someone is using My PS4 Life videos to work out player counts for loads of games December 17, 2018
- Fallout 76 players say the Atom shop prices are getting out of hand December 17, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch shows you should be careful what you wish for December 17, 2018
- Xbox One S with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for under £200 December 17, 2018
- Pillars of Eternity 2 will still come to consoles, including Switch, in 2019 December 17, 2018
- You can get a free PC copy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey via Google’s Project Stream December 17, 2018
- Arc System Works is making a Granblue Fantasy fighting game December 17, 2018
- Street Fighter 5’s new DLC character Kage is basically Evil Ryu with a twist December 17, 2018
- Mutant Year Zero’s misfits are some of 2018’s best characters December 17, 2018