Video Gamer Play // Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin...
Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin-off Space Assault
34BigThings, the developer behind 2016’s excellent anti-grav racer Redout, is hard a work on a new intergalactic shooter spin-off set in the Redout universe. It’s called Redout: Space Assault and there’s a first proper look at its dogfighting action in a new gameplay video.
Redout: Space Assault was apparently revealed back in June, in among the usual the avalanche of E3 announcements, and I’m sorry to say that the news completely passed me by. My interest is certainly piqued now, however: I had a lot of fun with Redout’s breathless, gorgeously presented racing action (and it’s stupendous soundtrack), especially in VR.
At first glance, Space Assault’s deep-space dogfighting would seem to suggest that this is Redout in name only. However, 34BigThings insists that its spin-off maintains “the adrenaline rush, high skill ceiling, frantic pace and popping aesthetics” of its predecessor.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018