Video Gamer Play // Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin...
Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin-off Space Assault
34BigThings, the developer behind 2016’s excellent anti-grav racer Redout, is hard a work on a new intergalactic shooter spin-off set in the Redout universe. It’s called Redout: Space Assault and there’s a first proper look at its dogfighting action in a new gameplay video.
Redout: Space Assault was apparently revealed back in June, in among the usual the avalanche of E3 announcements, and I’m sorry to say that the news completely passed me by. My interest is certainly piqued now, however: I had a lot of fun with Redout’s breathless, gorgeously presented racing action (and it’s stupendous soundtrack), especially in VR.
At first glance, Space Assault’s deep-space dogfighting would seem to suggest that this is Redout in name only. However, 34BigThings insists that its spin-off maintains “the adrenaline rush, high skill ceiling, frantic pace and popping aesthetics” of its predecessor.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019