Video Gamer Play // Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin...
Redout dev reveals first footage of its dogfighter spin-off Space Assault
34BigThings, the developer behind 2016’s excellent anti-grav racer Redout, is hard a work on a new intergalactic shooter spin-off set in the Redout universe. It’s called Redout: Space Assault and there’s a first proper look at its dogfighting action in a new gameplay video.
Redout: Space Assault was apparently revealed back in June, in among the usual the avalanche of E3 announcements, and I’m sorry to say that the news completely passed me by. My interest is certainly piqued now, however: I had a lot of fun with Redout’s breathless, gorgeously presented racing action (and it’s stupendous soundtrack), especially in VR.
At first glance, Space Assault’s deep-space dogfighting would seem to suggest that this is Redout in name only. However, 34BigThings insists that its spin-off maintains “the adrenaline rush, high skill ceiling, frantic pace and popping aesthetics” of its predecessor.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019