Video Gamer Play // RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release...
RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch
Developer Image & Form’s intriguing RPG card-battler, SteamWorld Quest: The Hand of Gilgamech, is coming to Switch on April 25th.
SteamWorld Quest: The Hand of Gilgamech is, of course, the latest entry in Image & Form’s critically acclaimed, and hugely varied, SteamWorld series, following on from the self-explanatory SteamWorld Tower Defense, the excavating platform hijinks of SteamWorld Dig 1 and 2, and turn-based strategy battler SteamWorld Heist.
Quest once again unfolds within the wonderfully appealing SteamWorld universe – meaning ample silly robots for all – but this time throws in a bit of a fantasy twist, with dragons, magic, knights, and the like. There are heavy story elements, as you’d expect from an RPG, but the core of the action is focussed around Image & Form’s particular take on card-based battling.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019