Video Gamer Play // Seeing farther: the advert that changed the games indus...
Seeing farther: the advert that changed the games industry
The photo is black and white, and slightly soft-focused. There are eight people dressed in black, lounging together in front of a paint-splattered roll of tarp. Their faces are young and rock star serious.
They could be actors or musicians, but they’re not. They’re game developers – or ‘software artists’ as the accompanying text would have it. The image is part of an advertising campaign for the fledging publisher Electronic Arts – and accompanying the photo are two possible slogans depending on where the ad was placed. One says ‘We see farther’, the other, much more memorably, is ‘Can a computer make you cry?’
This was how EA advertised itself in 1983.
- Fortnite’s mysterious rift-cube has finally completed its weeks-long journey September 19, 2018
- THQ Nordic has now acquired survival horror classic Alone In The Dark September 19, 2018
- Red Dead Online arrives this November as a public beta September 19, 2018
- The Gardens Between review – a short but vivid voyage into a friendship’s past September 19, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go trailer shows off PoGo integration, legendary battles, mini-games September 19, 2018
- Hearthstone is adding new Classic cards for the first time September 19, 2018
- Now you can get the giant Xbox Duke controller in green September 19, 2018
- Android 17 is the next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC character September 19, 2018
- Humble One Special Day Bundle live now, features Streets of Rage, Alpha Protocol and more September 19, 2018
- GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti review: our first glimpse of next-gen graphics? September 19, 2018