Video Gamer Play // Sniper Elite is heading to VR
Sniper Elite is heading to VR
Rebellion has announced that it’s bringing its popular Sniper Elite series to PSVR, Oculus Rift, Vive, and SteamVR in conjunction with developer Just Add Water.
Sniper Elite VR, as the endeavour will be known, is set in World War 2 Italy, prior to the events of Sniper Elite 4. It features an entirely new story by author Tony Schumacher (responsible for the John Rossett novels), with players cast as members of the Italian resistance, attempting to rid Sicily of the Nazi U-boat menace.
This new iteration of Sniper Elite moves the series’ familiar ballistics and long-range gunplay entirely into first-person, and has reworked the iconic slow-mo X-Ray Kill Cam to better suite VR.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019