Video Gamer Play // Sombre survival game This War of Mine heads to Switch a...
Sombre survival game This War of Mine heads to Switch at the end of the month
Developer 11 Bit Studios has announced that its bleak anti-war survival game, This War of Mine, will be heading to Switch on November 27th.
Like 11 Bit Studios’ more recent Frostpunk, This War of Mine is a offers a sobering, thoughtful take on a familiar gaming genre. However, where Frostpunk opts to examine questions of morality through the lens of a post-apocalyptic city builder, This War of Mine adopts the guise of a side-scrolling stealth-survival game, in which you’re charged with keeping a small groups of civilians alive for as long as possible.
11 Bit Studios’ fascinating title unfolds in the midst of unnamed war, splitting the core gameplay loop into day and nighttime. By day, you’re free to explore the derelict building that your band of survivors calls home, embarking on a crafting and maintenance regime in order to make a more habitable homestead. By night, though, you take to the city, stealthily exploring the occupied streets in order to find essential supplies.
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019