Video Gamer Play // Sombre survival game This War of Mine heads to Switch a...
Sombre survival game This War of Mine heads to Switch at the end of the month
Developer 11 Bit Studios has announced that its bleak anti-war survival game, This War of Mine, will be heading to Switch on November 27th.
Like 11 Bit Studios’ more recent Frostpunk, This War of Mine is a offers a sobering, thoughtful take on a familiar gaming genre. However, where Frostpunk opts to examine questions of morality through the lens of a post-apocalyptic city builder, This War of Mine adopts the guise of a side-scrolling stealth-survival game, in which you’re charged with keeping a small groups of civilians alive for as long as possible.
11 Bit Studios’ fascinating title unfolds in the midst of unnamed war, splitting the core gameplay loop into day and nighttime. By day, you’re free to explore the derelict building that your band of survivors calls home, embarking on a crafting and maintenance regime in order to make a more habitable homestead. By night, though, you take to the city, stealthily exploring the occupied streets in order to find essential supplies.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018