Video Gamer Play // Sony details 3dRudder foot-based motion controller for ...
Sony details 3dRudder foot-based motion controller for PSVR, out in June
If you’ve been enjoying your time with PSVR but remain disappointed by the lack of foot-based motion-control peripherals with which to wobble and jiggle your way to success, you might be interested to learn more about the officially-licensed 3dRudder, coming to PS4 in June.
The device (which has actually be available on PC for some time) vaguely resembles a larger-scale, round-bottomed Roomba, emblazoned with a shiny PlayStation logo. Sadly, you can’t use it to drift serenely around your home, but it’s instead designed to allow you to navigate PSVR games simply by tilting your feet in the required direction. The greater the angle of your tilt, the faster you’ll travel. All of which makes for what creator 3dRudder calls “life-like motion”.
“You can walk straight, sprint while taking a corner or stop exactly where you want to, in a smooth, seamless way,” it explains in a post on the PlayStation Blog.
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019