Video Gamer Play // South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switc...
South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel
In a slightly unusual turn of events, Ubisoft has announced South Park: The Stick of Truth will be coming to the Switch later this year. The port was announced in Ubisoft’s first-quarter financial report, which suggests the game will only be released in digital form.
The move is unorthodox because the sequel to The Stick of Truth, The Fractured But Whole, has already been ported to the console. Ubisoft may have released the sequel before the original in the hope it would achieve higher sales. The Fractured But Whole clearly sold well enough for Ubisoft to feel confident the first game would also perform on the platform. In any case, the Switch port for The Stick of Truth should arrive in Ubisoft’s second quarter between July and September.
The DLC add-on for The Fractured But Whole, called ‘Bring the Crunch’, will also be coming to Switch, PC, Xbox One and PS4 on the 31st of July.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018