Video Gamer Play // South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switc...
South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel
In a slightly unusual turn of events, Ubisoft has announced South Park: The Stick of Truth will be coming to the Switch later this year. The port was announced in Ubisoft’s first-quarter financial report, which suggests the game will only be released in digital form.
The move is unorthodox because the sequel to The Stick of Truth, The Fractured But Whole, has already been ported to the console. Ubisoft may have released the sequel before the original in the hope it would achieve higher sales. The Fractured But Whole clearly sold well enough for Ubisoft to feel confident the first game would also perform on the platform. In any case, the Switch port for The Stick of Truth should arrive in Ubisoft’s second quarter between July and September.
The DLC add-on for The Fractured But Whole, called ‘Bring the Crunch’, will also be coming to Switch, PC, Xbox One and PS4 on the 31st of July.
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019