Video Gamer Play // Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about...
Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme
I got absolutely thrashed the first couple of times I played the Space Junkies open beta on PSVR. At first I thought it was just because I was a bit of a noob, but then I twigged the real reason – Space Junkies is cross-play between PS4 and PC.
PC players, it turns out, are able to use motion controls that allow them to dual wield and aim with two weapons independently. PSVR players on the other handed are limited to a bizarre control scheme that sees you aiming and moving with the DualShock 4 only. This is something that takes a little while to get used to, as you’ll be able to see in this week’s Ian’s VR Corner.
Now, before I recorded this week’s episode, I did figure out that you could turn off cross-play between both platforms, so you’ll actually be able to watch me get some rather satisfying wins. What you won’t be able to see me turn off however is the God-awful snap-turning, but more on that after the video…
- A farewell to Arms – Nintendo’s fighting game wraps up June 17, 2019
- Gamesplanet’s SEGA sale offers up to 75% off Bayonetta, Two Point Hospital and more June 17, 2019
- Carrion is disgusting and I want to play it again immediately June 17, 2019
- Genesis is to Darksiders what Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light was to Tomb Raider June 17, 2019
- Meet the amputee who cosplayed Apex Legends’ Octane at EA Play June 17, 2019
- The Secret of Mana and the art of a good box June 17, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 gets a ranked mode tomorrow June 17, 2019
- Expand your Nintendo Switch storage with a 256GB SD card for just £24.99 June 17, 2019
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019