Video Gamer Play // Square Enix unveils first Final Fantasy 7 Remake traile...
Square Enix unveils first Final Fantasy 7 Remake trailer in over three years
Square Enix has unveiled a brand-new trailer for its hugely anticipated, and long-in-the-works, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, with more news promised to arrive this June.
A remake of Square’s beloved J-RPG classic Final Fantasy 7 was first announced for PlayStation 4 during E3 2015. Its crowd-pleasing megaton reveal brought a fancy cinematic trailer, but little in the way of additional details. Things became considerably more tangible, however, at the tail-end of that year, when Square offered up the Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s very first gameplay footage.
Since then, news has been somewhat erratic. Square announced that it had moved development away from an external studio and in-house in 2017, then sought to reassure punters that the Final Fantasy 7 remake was an actual real thing that was definitely being worked on at E3 2018. All of which leads us to today, and our first new look at the remake since 2015 – which arrived in the form of a brand-new trailer during Sony’s most recent State of Play livestream. Here, take a look:
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019