Video Gamer Play // Stylish shooter Void Bastards will splice BioShock game...
Stylish shooter Void Bastards will splice BioShock gameplay and Borderlands art in May
Void Bastards looks like a mash-up of all the best things: it’s got the cel-shaded, sci-fi art style of a Borderlands title, gameplay mechanics inspired by BioShock, and dark humour to make even GLaDOS blush. If all that sounds good to you, thankfully you won’t have to wait much longer, as Void Bastards is releasing on PC and Xbox One at the end of the month. Mark 29th May on your calendars.
The game is the latest project by Blue Manchu, the studio led by the former design director for BioShock and System Shock 2, Jonathan Chey. Unsurprisingly, he cites both titles as inspiration for Void Bastards, explaining much of the game design choices stem from those titles.
“I love the deep simulational gameplay of BioShock and System Shock 2 – they aren’t just run and gun shooters,” Chey says in the press release. “I wanted to find a way to experience more of that gameplay without having to replay the same story over and over. Wrapping the shooter inside a strategy game turned out to be a great way to do that!”
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019