Video Gamer Play // Super Mario Maker 2 adding online matchmaking with frie...
Super Mario Maker 2 adding online matchmaking with friends in “future update”
Following criticism from fans, Nintendo has announced that it will be adding the ability to matchmake with friends when playing Super Mario Maker 2’s online mode.
Nintendo fans were understandably peeved last month, when it transpired that Super Mario Maker 2’s online mode – which lets up to four players tackle community- and Nintendo-made stages together – would only matchmake with random players. Those hoping to team up with friends for some online platform hijinks were left out in the cold.
The official explanation at the time was that Nintendo didn’t want teams dominating Super Mario Maker 2’s online course leaderboards by working together – another one to add to the big book of Nintendo being Nintendo about online.
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019
- Why some special games are a bit like cooking June 15, 2019
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’s combat shows promise, but I’m yet to be wowed June 14, 2019