Video Gamer Play // Tetris 99 is a battle royale version of the classic fal...
Tetris 99 is a battle royale version of the classic falling block puzzler for Switch
Nintendo has unveiled Tetris 99, a new battle royale version of the classic falling block puzzler for Switch.
Those imagining parachute jumps and ever-changing island battlegrounds mixed in with their familiar Tetris action should probably adjust their expectations. however; based on Tetris 99’s reveal during Nintendo’s latest Direct presentation, this is still a largely traditional take on the classic puzzle formula, albeit on a considerably more massive multiplayer scale.
The big gimmick, of course, is that you’ll be up against 98 other players during a match, and they’re all able to clog up your board with junk as the block dropping competition heats up. The ultimate goal is to hang on as long as possible, watching those numbers slowly whittling down with until you’re the last one standing, and Tetris player supreme.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019