Video Gamer Play // The Culling 2’s Battle Royale flop forces “...
The Culling 2’s Battle Royale flop forces “difficult discussions” about future of developer
Xaviant, developer of Battle Royale title The Culling 2 has tweeted that it will be having “some admittedly difficult discussions about the future of our studio”, following a 48-hour launch period in which the game’s active userbase dwindled to single digits.
The Culling 2 released on Tuesday, July 10th, and was immediately besieged by series fans upset that Xaviant had turned its attention to a sequel a little over nine months after its generally well-received predecessor left Steam early access.
The game is currently ranked “Mostly Negative” on its Steam reviews page, with users lambasting the sequel for its reportedly poor launch state, and calling it a “cash grab” following its change in direction; The Culling 2 ditches the first game’s intimate scope, and unique mix of survival-style crafting and melee-focussed combat, in favour of a more traditional guns-and-glory Battle Royale template, more akin to a PUBG/H1Z1 hybrid.
- Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness September 20, 2018
- No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says September 20, 2018
- Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster September 20, 2018
- PUBG for PC is getting a ranking system September 20, 2018
- FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution September 20, 2018
- If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset September 20, 2018
- Frostpunk adds free story DLC the Fall of Winterhome September 20, 2018
- New Street Fighter 5 costumes may be the closest we get to a new Darkstalkers for a while September 20, 2018
- Capcom reveals Ada Wong’s new look for the Resident Evil 2 remake September 20, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s third playable character is V September 20, 2018