Video Gamer Play // The Culling 2’s Battle Royale flop forces “...
The Culling 2’s Battle Royale flop forces “difficult discussions” about future of developer
Xaviant, developer of Battle Royale title The Culling 2 has tweeted that it will be having “some admittedly difficult discussions about the future of our studio”, following a 48-hour launch period in which the game’s active userbase dwindled to single digits.
The Culling 2 released on Tuesday, July 10th, and was immediately besieged by series fans upset that Xaviant had turned its attention to a sequel a little over nine months after its generally well-received predecessor left Steam early access.
The game is currently ranked “Mostly Negative” on its Steam reviews page, with users lambasting the sequel for its reportedly poor launch state, and calling it a “cash grab” following its change in direction; The Culling 2 ditches the first game’s intimate scope, and unique mix of survival-style crafting and melee-focussed combat, in favour of a more traditional guns-and-glory Battle Royale template, more akin to a PUBG/H1Z1 hybrid.
- Switch’s brilliant rhythm game Voez just got another 11 free new songs November 16, 2018
- Capcom’s wonderfully weird cult classic action-adventure Killer7 is now available on PC November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen is free to try for eight days starting next week November 16, 2018
- Here are the best Black Friday deals, even though it isn’t Black Friday November 16, 2018
- Seven-day free Overwatch trial next week November 16, 2018
- Man pleads guilty to Call of Duty swatting incident that resulted in death November 16, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go tips and tricks for becoming a Kanto Champion November 16, 2018
- Nintendo and Microsoft confirm E3 attendance in wake of PlayStation no-show November 16, 2018
- Atari’s crowdfunded RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch launches in two weeks November 16, 2018
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet November 16, 2018