Video Gamer Play // The Division 2 delivers impressive tech and good perfor...
The Division 2 delivers impressive tech and good performance on all systems
After an extensive beta test, The Division 2 has finally launched. All versions are available for testing and the overall impression is that, similar to its first title, Ubisoft Massive has handed in a successful multi-platform project – accomplished all on all consoles, with PC once again delivering a huge suite of options.
It’s been three years since the original launch of The Division; technology has evolved with the sequel, and Massive still delivers a pleasantly clean and crisp look to the game, with Xbox One X operating at native 4K – 3840×2160 – a significant achievement for this advanced engine. Dynamic resolution scaling is a feature of the Snowdrop engine and was deployed in the first game, but despite a number of sample tests, everything we looked at here presents at a full ultra HD pixel count. Perhaps it kicks in during heavier scenes we’ve not witnessed yet, but so far, everything effectively points to a native 4K release.
As you might expect, PlayStation 4 Pro doesn’t quite match the X, with the developer deploying both DRS and temporal anti-aliasing in delivering its 4K output mode. Our sample range witnessed 3456×1944 at the top-end, dropping to a recorded minimum of 2458×1382. A reconstruction technique appears to blend in visual data from previous frames, so with static scenes in particular, Pro looks remarkably similar to its X counterpart.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019