Video Gamer Play // The Division 2 players really want to be able to pet th...
The Division 2 players really want to be able to pet the dogs
If you’re playing The Division 2 this weekend you might have noticed you can’t pet the dogs. You can shoot them, of course – but you can’t pet them.
This has come as something of a surprise given you can pet dogs in other Ubisoft games, such as Watchdogs 2 (of course) and Far Cry: New Dawn. You can even pet dogs in Assassin’s Creed 3. So to find The Division 2 doesn’t let you let the good dog know they’re a good dog is more than a little sad.
It turns out, there are plenty of people who would really like Ubisoft to let you pet the dogs in The Division 2. I’ve seen multiple posts on reddit and social media calling on the mega-publisher to patch in dog petting. “Why on Earth can’t we pet the damn dogs in this game?!” wrote exacerbated redditor Raddz5000. “They come up to you looking all sad, just staring at you, wanting some pets. But nooOOOooo, we can only stare back. We should be able to pet them, give them a snack from our food resources, maybe they’ll follow us around a bit, giving moral support. It’s 2019 now and we still can’t pet the dogs. Literally unplayable.”
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019