Video Gamer Play // The E3 Bulletin – Thursday
The E3 Bulletin – Thursday
It’s the penultimate day of E3, which means that the assembled exhibitors have got through everything they wanted to talk about and are now being unwillingly coerced into things they don’t want to talk about. Chief among these is, as expected, Fortnite. The shadow of Epic’s late-blooming hit looms large over the show: a vast, flossing colossus bestriding the Ozymandian remains of PlayerUnknown.
The chief surprise is that we are talking less about half-baked attempts at taking its crown and more about Sony’s devastingly effective attempts to stop PS4 players using their accounts on Switch, which is being received as well as we predicted. Microsoft is of course being a model of support.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018