Video Gamer Play // The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed b...
The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design
J.J.’s broken her neck again.
There’s a horrible crunch when it happens. I’m still not used to it, not even now, not even when I’m several hours into my adventure with J.J. Macfield and most of the time, I’m snapping her neck intentionally. She screams each and every time the bones splinter, her wails of pain piercing the night as her head suddenly lolls to one side, her long, fair hair trailing with it.
Sometimes a severed limb will shoot up into the air, landing on a distant platform. Sometimes she must stack her dismembered appendages to balance a crude seesaw. Sometimes she’s reduced to nothing more than a severed head, the screen pulsating with a sickly reminder that this is poor J.J.’s final form. Die now, and she’ll die for good. Sometimes I wonder if she’d be better off for it.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018