Video Gamer Play // The secrets of Uncharted 2’s superb train level r...
The secrets of Uncharted 2’s superb train level revealed
If you ever played Naughty Dog’s superb – and for me still best game – Uncharted 2, you’ll remember the train level.
Chapter 13 – Locomotion sees Uncharted’s wise-cracking star Nathan Drake move up through a speeding train, fighting off scores of enemy mercenaries and even a missile-firing helicopter.
The level was eye-catching for a number of reasons, chief among them the feeling of realism the train journey provided. It felt like the train, with you on it, was moving through an actual environment, through a jungle, tunnels, out onto cliffs and ever onwards – in a relatively straight line – to its and the level’s final destination.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019