Video Gamer Play // THQ Nordic is at it again, acquires IP rights to classi...
THQ Nordic is at it again, acquires IP rights to classic sci-fi action-adventure Outcast
THQ Nordic has started the new year in much the same way as it finished the last one, and has announced that it’s acquired the IP rights to yet another classic franchise – this time those of much-loved sci-fi action-adventure Outcast.
Outcast (not to be confused with Red Barrels’ horror series Outlast, but watch me going and mistype that at least once here) originally released in 1999. It featured an ambitious proto-open-world structure, and told the tale of the absurdly named Cutter Slade – a former US Navy Seal who finds himself on an alien planet known as Adelpha. A tastefully modernised remake, known as Outcast: Second Contact, was released on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2017.
THQ Nordic hasn’t offered any indication of what it intends to do with the Outcast IP just yet – who knows if this might eventually lead to an Outcast 2 – but it does note that the deal “has been finalized with the three original creators of the game”.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019