Video Gamer Play // UK mags GamesTM and GamesMaster shut down
UK mags GamesTM and GamesMaster shut down
Veteran UK video game magazines GamesTM and GamesMaster are to close. Both mags are in the process of publishing their final issues, Eurogamer’s sister site GamesIndustry.biz announced this morning.
Future, the publisher of both magazines, said staff would be “redeployed” at the company.
GamesTM launched in 2002 at Imagine Publishing, until the latter was acquired by Future a couple of years ago. Since then, GamesTM has been published by the same company as Future’s own Edge.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019