Video Gamer Play // We’ve seen two new Pokémon from Poké...
We’ve seen two new Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield
The past week has been a bit of a whirlwind for Pokémon Sword and Shield news, with the substantial reveal in the Pokémon Direct followed up by a look at another Gym battle, this one Water-focused, and then some more gameplay of the open-world Wild Area in the Nintendo Treehouse straight after.
On top of all that, we’ve just played it – and there are two brand spanking new Pokémon in there that are yet to be detailed.
The first is Yamper, an Electric-type Pokémon that very much resembles a corgi (you know, the breed of dog favoured by the Queen). It’s not the toughest in the world but tries its best. The one in our demo, where all Pokémon were automatically set to level 50, knew the moves Play Rough, Spark, Crunch and Wild Charge. Unfortunately we couldn’t get much more of a look at it than that as the demo had all of the menus locked off – we could only open our party to inspect it mid-battle, and were keen to get through all of the stuff available in that demo before we ran out of time.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019