Video Gamer Play // Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in ...
Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in Iceland
Hideo Kojima has spent the last week teasing a new trailer for Death Stranding – and now fans think the game is set at least in part in Iceland.
The legendary Japanese game creator is known for his Easter eggs and breadcrumb trails, so the following may in fact turn out to be a load of old bobbins. But! There is a compelling theory – acknowledged, it seems, by Kojima himself – that points the finger at Iceland being key to Death Stranding in some way.
First up, do you remember the moss-filled Death Stranding screenshot Kojima tweeted earlier this week? One fan reckons it lines up with moss found on top of lava fields in Iceland – and has combined an image of the real world with Kojima’s screenshot to help back up his point.
- Valve has made a new Portal demo June 22, 2018
- If Ubisoft wants to cling on to Clancy, it’s time to talk politics June 22, 2018
- Discord launches a Games tab and it’s basically Steam June 21, 2018
- Epic wants the Fortnite endgame to be more than “just build lol” June 21, 2018
- Here’s when you can download Life is Strange 2’s free prequel June 21, 2018
- Nintendo Switch and Xbox One Minecraft cross-platform trailer hammers home lack of PlayStation support June 21, 2018
- Pre-order Dragon Ball FighterZ on Nintendo Switch and you get obscure SNES game Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden June 21, 2018
- You can play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the UK next month June 21, 2018
- Criterion founders reveal two new games June 21, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock online tournaments June 21, 2018