Video Gamer Play // Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the ...
Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet
Yeah, it takes a whole army of bounty hunters to bring in Sean Macguire.
Recently, I was fortunate enough to see Vulfpeck’s Joey Dosik perform live in Dublin’s Sugar Club. After a sincere acapella performance, less than a split second elapsed before a member of the crowd bellowed, “GEWON JOEY!” A thundering applause from the audience immediately ensued, threatening to bring the very walls of the building crashing down.
There’s something about the spirit of Dublin that’s perpetually vital; an unwavering confidence coupled with a burning passion for life. That’s the Ireland I’ve grown up knowing, having spent all 23 years of my life living in Dublin. However, that’s not the Ireland I see portrayed when I play video games – or at least it wasn’t until I came across Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean Macguire.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019