Video Gamer Play // World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
Whenever World of Warcraft Horde warchief Sylvanas Windrunner was mentioned at BlizzCon 2018, division swept the room. Some people booed, some people cheered. Sylvanas is on a genocidal rampage, you see, and it’s caused a schism in the Horde. Some people follow her – and will to the ends of the, um, Azeroth – while others openly rebel under the hashtag Not My Warchief.
Some people are angry with her. When Sylvanas torched the very important World Tree Teldrassil, a bit like the mean guy at the end of Avatar (sorry if you haven’t seen it but where have you been?), her number-two, Vorok Saurfang, mutinied. He removed his shoulder pads and walked away – and the #NotMyWarchief supporters followed in solidarity with him.
“I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she?” -Alex Afrasiabi
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019