Video Gamer Play // World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
Whenever World of Warcraft Horde warchief Sylvanas Windrunner was mentioned at BlizzCon 2018, division swept the room. Some people booed, some people cheered. Sylvanas is on a genocidal rampage, you see, and it’s caused a schism in the Horde. Some people follow her – and will to the ends of the, um, Azeroth – while others openly rebel under the hashtag Not My Warchief.
Some people are angry with her. When Sylvanas torched the very important World Tree Teldrassil, a bit like the mean guy at the end of Avatar (sorry if you haven’t seen it but where have you been?), her number-two, Vorok Saurfang, mutinied. He removed his shoulder pads and walked away – and the #NotMyWarchief supporters followed in solidarity with him.
“I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she?” -Alex Afrasiabi
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019