Video Gamer Play // World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
World of Warcraft and the masterplan for Sylvanas
Whenever World of Warcraft Horde warchief Sylvanas Windrunner was mentioned at BlizzCon 2018, division swept the room. Some people booed, some people cheered. Sylvanas is on a genocidal rampage, you see, and it’s caused a schism in the Horde. Some people follow her – and will to the ends of the, um, Azeroth – while others openly rebel under the hashtag Not My Warchief.
Some people are angry with her. When Sylvanas torched the very important World Tree Teldrassil, a bit like the mean guy at the end of Avatar (sorry if you haven’t seen it but where have you been?), her number-two, Vorok Saurfang, mutinied. He removed his shoulder pads and walked away – and the #NotMyWarchief supporters followed in solidarity with him.
“I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she?” -Alex Afrasiabi
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018