Video Gamer Play // Yakuza spin-off Judgment reveals new-look for crime bos...
Yakuza spin-off Judgment reveals new-look for crime boss Kyohei Hamura
Sega has unveiled Yakuza spin-off Judgment’s newly revised character model for crime boss Kyohei Hamura, which was overhauled following the arrest of actor Pierre Taki on charges of cocaine use and possession last month.
Japan’s drug laws are strict, and there’s enormous social stigma around those that break them. As such, Taki’s arrest quickly spurred Sega into withdrawing all copies of Judgment from sale, and other companies followed suit. Square Enix said it would patch Taki’s lines out of Kingdom Hearts 3 (he voices Frozen’s Olaf), and Disney even pulled its Frozen Blu-ray from shelves.
Following its decision to suspend sales of Judgment, Sega released a statement explaining that “due to unforeseen circumstances”, the character model and Japanese voice for the character of Kyohei Hamura would be “adjusted” prior to the game’s Western release.
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019