Video Gamer Play // Yakuza spin-off Judgment reveals new-look for crime bos...
Yakuza spin-off Judgment reveals new-look for crime boss Kyohei Hamura
Sega has unveiled Yakuza spin-off Judgment’s newly revised character model for crime boss Kyohei Hamura, which was overhauled following the arrest of actor Pierre Taki on charges of cocaine use and possession last month.
Japan’s drug laws are strict, and there’s enormous social stigma around those that break them. As such, Taki’s arrest quickly spurred Sega into withdrawing all copies of Judgment from sale, and other companies followed suit. Square Enix said it would patch Taki’s lines out of Kingdom Hearts 3 (he voices Frozen’s Olaf), and Disney even pulled its Frozen Blu-ray from shelves.
Following its decision to suspend sales of Judgment, Sega released a statement explaining that “due to unforeseen circumstances”, the character model and Japanese voice for the character of Kyohei Hamura would be “adjusted” prior to the game’s Western release.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019