Video Gamer Play // Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battl...
Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battle pass
Hooray! Quake Champions is freeing itself of a messy – and random – loot box system in favour of a clearer Fortnite-style battle pass.
The current system will be ripped out and replaced in a December update, which doesn’t appear to have a release date yet, although the battle pass apparently begins 20th December, so presumably the two events will coincide.
Instead of earning loot boxes and associated paraphernalia, you’ll earn XP for daily and weekly rewards, and this will propel you along a familiar two-tiered line of unlockable rewards – a stingy free line and a generous paid line.
- After all these years, World of Warcraft adds a potion to understand your enemy with December 17, 2018
- Someone is using My PS4 Life videos to work out player counts for loads of games December 17, 2018
- Fallout 76 players say the Atom shop prices are getting out of hand December 17, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch shows you should be careful what you wish for December 17, 2018
- Xbox One S with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for under £200 December 17, 2018
- Pillars of Eternity 2 will still come to consoles, including Switch, in 2019 December 17, 2018
- You can get a free PC copy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey via Google’s Project Stream December 17, 2018
- Arc System Works is making a Granblue Fantasy fighting game December 17, 2018
- Street Fighter 5’s new DLC character Kage is basically Evil Ryu with a twist December 17, 2018
- Mutant Year Zero’s misfits are some of 2018’s best characters December 17, 2018