Video Gamer Play // Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battl...
Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battle pass
Hooray! Quake Champions is freeing itself of a messy – and random – loot box system in favour of a clearer Fortnite-style battle pass.
The current system will be ripped out and replaced in a December update, which doesn’t appear to have a release date yet, although the battle pass apparently begins 20th December, so presumably the two events will coincide.
Instead of earning loot boxes and associated paraphernalia, you’ll earn XP for daily and weekly rewards, and this will propel you along a familiar two-tiered line of unlockable rewards – a stingy free line and a generous paid line.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019