Video Gamer Play // Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battl...
Yes! Quake Champions is ditching loot boxes for a battle pass
Hooray! Quake Champions is freeing itself of a messy – and random – loot box system in favour of a clearer Fortnite-style battle pass.
The current system will be ripped out and replaced in a December update, which doesn’t appear to have a release date yet, although the battle pass apparently begins 20th December, so presumably the two events will coincide.
Instead of earning loot boxes and associated paraphernalia, you’ll earn XP for daily and weekly rewards, and this will propel you along a familiar two-tiered line of unlockable rewards – a stingy free line and a generous paid line.
- Cuphead on Switch is a stunning conversion April 18, 2019
- Shao Khan’s infamous “You Suck!” taunt is back for Mortal Kombat 11 April 18, 2019
- Islanders is a city-builder with new ideas April 18, 2019
- Netflix says its Witcher television series will be out at the end of this year April 17, 2019
- Showtime’s Halo TV series has cast its Master Chief April 17, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity is currently available to download for free on PC April 17, 2019
- One Finger Death Punch is the greatest two-button kung fu game ever made April 17, 2019
- Ubisoft creates shortcut to access the new Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey DLC April 17, 2019
- Joker from Persona 5 hits Super Smash Bros. Ultimate today April 17, 2019
- Speaking with Guild Wars 2 developer ArenaNet for the first time since the lay-offs April 17, 2019