Video Gamer Play // You don’t need a Nintendo Switch online subscript...
You don’t need a Nintendo Switch online subscription to keep playing Fortnite
You don’t need to pay to play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch – even after Nintendo’s new online subscription service comes in next week.
The £17.99-a-year Nintendo Switch online paid membership service launches on 19th September. It provides access to online play, a library of NES games with added online play and cloud saves.
You need to pay to play games such as Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. But, according to a Nintendo FAQ on the subject, you do not need to pay to play all games online – and there’s a special note about Epic’s free-to-download battle royale phenomenon.
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019