Video Gamer Play // You don’t need a Nintendo Switch online subscript...
You don’t need a Nintendo Switch online subscription to keep playing Fortnite
You don’t need to pay to play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch – even after Nintendo’s new online subscription service comes in next week.
The £17.99-a-year Nintendo Switch online paid membership service launches on 19th September. It provides access to online play, a library of NES games with added online play and cloud saves.
You need to pay to play games such as Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. But, according to a Nintendo FAQ on the subject, you do not need to pay to play all games online – and there’s a special note about Epic’s free-to-download battle royale phenomenon.
- Switch’s brilliant rhythm game Voez just got another 11 free new songs November 16, 2018
- Capcom’s wonderfully weird cult classic action-adventure Killer7 is now available on PC November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen is free to try for eight days starting next week November 16, 2018
- Here are the best Black Friday deals, even though it isn’t Black Friday November 16, 2018
- Seven-day free Overwatch trial next week November 16, 2018
- Man pleads guilty to Call of Duty swatting incident that resulted in death November 16, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go tips and tricks for becoming a Kanto Champion November 16, 2018
- Nintendo and Microsoft confirm E3 attendance in wake of PlayStation no-show November 16, 2018
- Atari’s crowdfunded RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch launches in two weeks November 16, 2018
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet November 16, 2018