Video Gamer Play // YouTube pulls Red Dead Redemption 2 suffragette violenc...
YouTube pulls Red Dead Redemption 2 suffragette violence channel, then reinstates with age warnings
YouTube has backtracked its decision to suspend a channel which hosted videos of a suffragette being beaten up in Red Dead Redemption 2.
The original video which sparked the controversy, “Red Dead Redemption 2 – Beating Up Annoying Feminist,” was posted by a YouTuber named Shirrako last week. Shirrako’s channel is now back online, although the video now has an age warning attached. All of Shirako’s other videos – including “Annoying Feminist Fed To Pigs”, “Dropping Feminist To Hell & Killing The Devil” and “Annoying Feminist Fed To Alligator” – have similarly been reinstated with age warnings.
Ryan Wyatt, Global Head of Gaming for YouTube, has explained the videos had been re-reviewed and deemed not to violate community guidelines. In a separate tweet, Wyatt called the channel suspension an error and said “the reviewer will be educated on this outcome and on how to avoid repeating this mistake”.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019